Come fly with ForeFlight.
ForeFlight is seeking a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst to join the team in Austin, TX. At ForeFlight, a GIS Analyst collects, analyzes, and evaluates aeronautical data. A person in this role will convert data from various sources into digital and graphic formats for use in support of ForeFlight’s airport mapping database. The GIS Analyst will be able to use their geospatial background to impact current and future ForeFlight products. High quality, accurate, and timely work is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process, collect, analyze and evaluate aeronautical information from worldwide data and imagery sources.
- Convert data into digital and graphic forms for use in support of operational activities.
- Maintain databases and extract aeronautical information from multiple sources.
- Work cooperatively with the product development team to provide timely, accurate data and products.
- Other duties as assigned by team lead & manager.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with GIS software, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
- Familiar with airport environments.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management.
- Attention to detail.
Aviation experience is preferred, but not required. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related field.
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known for our exceptional software user interface design and responsive, knowledgeable customer support team. ForeFlight Mobile, our flagship application, was named Aviation Consumer's 2011 App of the Year and received Flying Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for 2011, 2012, and 2013.
We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code.
If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.