Aircraft Data Coordinator
The ForeFlight Aircraft Data Coordinator works closely with the aircraft data team and is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, supervising and supporting a series of steps with regards to aircraft data. This requires great attention to detail, excellent organization skills, solid spreadsheet skills as well as timely and clear internal and external communication skills. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently, be self motivated and work at a high level of accuracy along all steps of the process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and execute on data needs for the aircraft data team
- Obtain data sources and prepare them for processing
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external teams throughout the process
- Proactively troubleshoot issues during the process and handle them
- Perform initial quality control on received data products prior to making the data product available to the aircraft data team
- Work closely with the aircraft data team around the above tasks
- Other duties as assigned by aircraft data team lead
Skills & Requirements:
- Associate's Degree or higher, preferably with technical focus, required
- Experience reading and interpreting technical charts, graphs and tables
- Experience using spreadsheet software
- Ability and dedication to provide high accuracy results
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Detail oriented and ability to work without supervision
- Accurate and timely communication skills with internal and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage competing priorities
- Aviation or pilot experience a strong plus
About ForeFlight, LLC:
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our Houston office is located in the River Oaks area, our downtown Austin office is located at 621 E 6th St, just a short walk from the MetroRail station, and our downtown Portland office is located on Commercial street. We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.