ForeFlight is looking for a key member to join our business intelligence team in Houston, who is passionate about working with data to evaluate trends, solve business challenges, and translate insights into actionable recommendations for customer acquisition, retention, and product utilization. This position is data-intensive. The ideal candidate will have experience and skills at using SQL and various in-house and third party SAAS software to query, extract, transform, analyze, and report on a range of key business data to drive sales, marketing decisions, and other business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead company’s efforts to effectively and efficiently use analytics to improve sales and marketing performance.
- Proactively develop a data-driven marketing strategy and carry out the tactical queries, campaigns, analysis, and reports to meet sales, marketing, and other product related business objectives.
- Generate work product that provides clear insights and actionable intelligence for tactical marketing programs and product teams.
- With the content marketing team, build the optimal logic for automated drips and one-time digital marketing campaigns through email and other channels
- Work cooperatively with internal teams to assist and provide guidance and expertise with any aircraft data related issues.
- Become a company subject matter expert on internal and external data sources and how best to extract information through automated queries and reports.
Skills & Requirements:
- Extensive SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases such as Postgres, Redshift, and Amazon Aurora.
- High-level understanding of system architecture, including REST APIs, events, and client-server model.
- Deep experience with range of digital marketing tools and tactics (email, SEO, SEM, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with analytics tools such as Segment and Tableau are a plus.
- Statistics, analytical reporting, and problem-solving skills are key.
- Previous experience applying data analysis in service of digital marketing teams and objectives.
- Ability to quickly parse and evaluate data, and communicate into actionable insights.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner covering a range of topics and projects simultaneously.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 1-2 years of experience in the field or in a related field.
About ForeFlight, LLC:
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our Houston office is located in the River Oaks area, our downtown Austin office is located at 621 E 6th St, just a short walk from the MetroRail station, and our downtown Portland office is located on Commercial street. We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.