Come fly with ForeFlight.
ForeFlight is looking for an experienced professional to lead our marketing team and bring a passion and creative energy to the workplace. Our ideal candidate has extensive marketing experience and a comprehensive knowledge of branding. The Marketing Director will lead a team of writers, designers, and event specialists, and interact with multiple teams on a regular basis. Though not required, the ideal candidate will have prior experience/knowledge in aviation and/or software/technology marketing. We’re looking for someone who has an astute marketing sensibility and loves producing creative written marketing content in a range of formats, including sales presentations and collateral, blog articles, press releases, website product pages, email newsletters, advertising copy, video scripts, and social media posts.
- Oversee, lead, and grow the marketing team in Houston.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team
- Support primary marketing/communications needs by creating and writing key marketing materials, including but not limited to: writing copy for website pages, printed collateral, event signage, marketing presentations, event presentations, social media posts, blog articles, video scripts, press releases, advertising copy and other corporate communication projects as assigned by the EVP of Global Sales & Marketing.
- Lead the development of our marketing plans to create effective and efficient marketing strategies focused on growing audiences for our products.
- Manage conception, development, and implementation of marketing plans and strategies, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales
- Attend and participate in events, and provide post-event reports and analysis
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles and creating marketing campaigns
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Experience with digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) with matching
- Flight Training Reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our recently expanded more than 10,000 sq. ft. office sits near the historic River Oaks neighborhood with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and is within walking distance to local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos. As the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is home to arguably one of the world’s best food scenes with over 10,000 restaurants. Lively arts and entertainment districts mean a festival, live concert or local farmers’ market is always just around the corner. Home to over 20 Fortune 500 companies and a robust local economy, Houston is a major corporate center.
Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the . We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.