Come fly with ForeFlight.
Do you love the combination of software and sales? Are you a natural leader who can inspire and manage teams? Are you obsessed with data and metrics to drive sales activities and close deals? If this sounds like you, ForeFlight is the place to be. We are seeking a Director of Sales & Success to join our team in Houston, Texas. This position is for an individual with previous experience selling software themselves, but also has at least a few years managing other sales reps. The ideal candidate will also have experience in or a passion for aviation.
In addition to solid experience leading an inside sales team selling software, we expect this person to exhibit a demonstrated ability to compile and analyze data on a daily basis to drive lead opportunities and closed sales. To be clear, this person must be very comfortable with analyzing data and using common tools to do so. This position reports to EVP, Global Sales & Marketing.
Skills & Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage inside Sales team, day in and day out
- Create and analyze data to drive sales activities and priorities
- Leverage data to help conceive and drive post sales customer success initiatives and priorities
- Comfort level with presenting to executives regarding sales goals and progress
- Prepare weekly sales reports
- Establish a book of customers and manage sales leads for yourself and team members
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts
- Participate in marketing events such as trade shows or seminars
- Excellent prospecting and closing skills
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills
- Phenomenal organization skills
- 3+ years experience in sales management
- 7+ years experience in inside or outside sales of software (B2B a plus)
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) with matching.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our recently expanded more than 10,000 sq. ft. office sits near the historic River Oaks neighborhood with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and is within walking distance to local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos. As the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is home to arguably one of the world’s best food scenes with over 10,000 restaurants. Lively arts and entertainment districts mean a festival, live concert or local farmers’ market is always just around the corner. Home to over 20 Fortune 500 companies and a robust local economy, Houston is a major corporate center.
Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.