Come fly with ForeFlight.
File Operations Specialist
At ForeFlight we know you want a rewarding career. To do that, you need challenging projects, a good work environment, and awesome coworkers. We believe in our employees, and we empower them to make a direct impact on our products and messaging. Because we understand what our staff need, we have a low turn-around rate, our employees become brand ambassadors, and we are recognized as a premier leader in the aviation industry.
ForeFlight is currently searching for a File Operations Specialist to join our team in Houston, TX.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Analyze flight plan errors and rejections generated in the ForeFlight applications
- Determine corrective actions for flight plan errors and rejections
- Communicate corrective actions to ForeFlight customers either verbally or via email
- Report, document, and escalate issues to ForeFlight engineers as required
- Document system discrepancies
- Identify and propose system improvements
- Customer account administration
You will work with product managers, developers, and pilot support team members as a FileOps Specialist to provide fast, friendly, and fanatical support via email and phone to ForeFlight customers around the world. The ideal candidate will likely have Flight Coordinator, Flight Dispatcher, Trip Support Specialist, or Air Traffic Controller experience and love to help others, and will also have a passion for ForeFlight.
Applicant must be a detail-oriented analytical problem solver with great communication skills and a strong desire and willingness to learn.
This position is based in our Houston, TX office, in the beautiful River Oaks area of town. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with matching and immediate vesting, performance-based bonuses, and annual flight training reimbursement.
- Private Pilot with Instrument Rating (recent flight experience is not required).
- Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate with two (2) or more years of experience as a Flight Coordinator, a Flight Dispatcher, International Trip Support Specialist, Air Traffic Control or similar aviation-related experience.
- OR: Private Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating (recent flight experience is not required) with five (5) or more years of experience as a Flight Coordinator, a Flight Dispatcher, International Trip Support Specialist, Air Traffic Control, or similar aviation-related experience.
- Available to work rotating shifts in a 24x7 Operations team environment
- Familiarity with most, if not all, of the following tools or concepts: Filing FAA/Domestic and ICAO flight plans, ADS-B equipment and system capabilities, Advisory Circular: AC 90-100A, Aircraft Type Designators: ICAO DOC 8643
- Proficiency using the ForeFlight app.
- ICAO Flight Planning Interface Reference Guide.
- Knowledge of the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) System.
- Experience using the NATS, PACOTS, AUSOTS
- Experience with Eurocontrol procedures/policies
- Information Technology or Computer Science related experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and analytical problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- General computer operating experience, including standard office software, web-based applications, iOS applications, and iOS/OSX hardware.
- Communicate technical issues and impacts clearly
- Ability to manage time and priorities
- Basic knowledge of Systems Security
- Basic knowledge of technical procedural writing
- Strong leadership skills, professional team-oriented
- Willingness to learn and teach
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our recently expanded more than 10,000 sq. ft. office sits near the historic River Oaks neighborhood with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and is within walking distance to local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos. As the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is home to arguably one of the world’s best food scenes with over 10,000 restaurants. Lively arts and entertainment districts mean a festival, live concert or local farmers’ market is always just around the corner. Home to over 20 Fortune 500 companies and a robust local economy, Houston is a major corporate center.
We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.