Come fly with ForeFlight.
Financial Modeling Analyst
ForeFlight is looking for a Financial Analyst in our Houston office to assist our executive team with modeling, forecasting, and financial analysis. This person is expected to provide timely and accurate reports and analysis of results of company performance against historical data, current budget, and forecasted performance. Great communication of analysis, and ability to work quickly are key in this position.
- Manage and support all phases of financial planning, including forecasting, reporting, and analytics.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and 3-year strategic plans in conjunction with Executive team.
- Track financial performance by comparing and analyzing budgets and forecasts with actual results, identifying trends, researching variances, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Revenue forecasting in coordination with Sales team.
- Provide information to management clearly, accurately, and consistently by assembling and summarizing data and preparing/presenting findings, analysis and recommendations. Ensure that reporting is timely, accurate, and meets the requirements of the audience for whom the reports are drafted.
- Build financial models and perform valuation analysis as needed.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related field, with a minimum of two to three years of analytical experience.
- Excellent Excel Skills to include macros, advanced functions, table references, etc.
- SQL/Database experience.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) matching with immediate vesting.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known for our exceptional software user interface design and responsive, knowledgable customer support team. ForeFlight Mobile, our flagship application, was named Aviation Consumer's 2011 App of the Year and received Flying Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for 2011, 2012, and 2013. Our app was recently featured in the “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our recently expanded more than 10,000 sq. ft. office sits near the historic River Oaks neighborhood with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and is within walking distance to local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos. As the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is home to arguably one of the world’s best food scenes with over 10,000 restaurants. Lively arts and entertainment districts mean a festival, live concert or local farmers’ market is always just around the corner. Home to over 20 Fortune 500 companies and a robust local economy, Houston is a major corporate center. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.