Come fly with ForeFlight.
Financial Operations Manager
ForeFlight is seeking a self-motivated, driven, intellectual, and curious accounting professional to join the Accounting and Finance team as the Financial Operations Manager. The Financial Operations Manager is accountable for all accounting functions; including but not limited to, the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the Company's reported financial results. Works closely with the senior and executive leadership teams to stay abreast of financial status, support financial decisions, and monitor financial data.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all financial data.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of financial status.
- Perform quarterly and annual financial planning and budgeting.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results, reporting significant variances and trends.
- Ensure appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained.
- Coordinate the annual audit and related annual financial reports.
- Provide GAAP interpretation and draft technical accounting memorandum.
- Coordinate preparation of International, Federal, State and local company tax returns with third-party accounting firm.
- Provide ad hoc analysis, reporting and special projects as needed.
Skills / Qualifications
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience. Advanced knowledge of SaaS environment preferred.
- Proficient in GAAP. GAAP financial statement preparation experience required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent math aptitude, problem solving, financial analysis, attention to detail, and open communications are required.
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies.
- Self-starter that possesses the ability to work well with ambiguity and/or minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related discipline.
- CPA is preferred.
- Health and dental benefits.
- 401(k) matching with immediate vesting.
- Flight training reimbursement.
- Competitive compensation plan.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known for our exceptional software user interface design and responsive, knowledgable customer support team. ForeFlight Mobile, our flagship application, was named Aviation Consumer's 2011 App of the Year and received Flying Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for 2011, 2012, and 2013. Our app was recently featured in the “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our recently expanded more than 10,000 sq. ft. office sits near the historic River Oaks neighborhood with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and is within walking distance to local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos. As the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is home to arguably one of the world’s best food scenes with over 10,000 restaurants. Lively arts and entertainment districts mean a festival, live concert or local farmers’ market is always just around the corner. Home to over 20 Fortune 500 companies and a robust local economy, Houston is a major corporate center. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.