Come fly with ForeFlight.
Jr. Military Product Analyst
ForeFlight is looking for an outgoing and hardworking Jr. Military Product Analyst to join their Austin team. This individual will plan, organize, and manage portions of our military product line from concept through product life cycles in order to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and growth objectives. The ideal candidate will have a military mission planning, weather, aviation, and/or geospatial intelligence background.
- Help develops new products in conjunction with Engineering, Design, and Sales Management personnel
- Researches and defines product and feature requirements that will drive customer growth, retention, and value.
- Manages day to day projects and development progress. Organizes development and coordinates manufacturing for new and emerging products. Responsible for project schedule and budget.
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to appropriate team members
- Participates in overall product strategy. Prepares and presents to stakeholders product development plans to reach growth targets.
- Authors and presents market research and competitive analysis as inputs to strategy.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces distribution channels, and manages mature product throughout lifecycle.
- Collaborates with various functional areas such as sales, engineering, and marketing to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Participates in key customer engagements and feedback sessions. Supports domestic and international sales teams, including industry events.
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- Aviation experience required. Strong preference for FAA private pilot certificate or military equivalent.
- At least one year experience in technology-related product/program management or requirements definition is required.
- Excellent listening skills are required, including the ability to identify and isolate customers needs, concerns, and objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation required.
- Team leadership experience with direct reports is required.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud computing and client software architecture concepts is required.
- Travel up to 40% required.
- Veterans strongly preferred.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known for our exceptional software user interface design and responsive, knowledgable customer support team. ForeFlight Mobile, our flagship application, was named Aviation Consumer's 2011 App of the Year and received Flying Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for 2011, 2012, and 2013. Our app was recently featured in the “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
Our downtown Austin office is located at 1801 E 6th St, just a short walk from the MetroRail station. We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.