Come fly with ForeFlight.
Mobile Graphics Engineer
ForeFlight is looking for a motivated computer graphics engineer to join our mobile development team. This individual will have responsibility for developing a wide range of 2D and 3D solutions using Metal and OpenGL on iOS.
Technically, this person must have proven experience with modern C/C++ and large scale OpenGL ES or Metal implementations on iOS. Professionally, this person has a track record of completing projects independently, is driven to execute, seeks advice and direction from team members when needed, and plows ahead to completion when the path forward is clear.
The successful applicant will be working closely with our Sr. Software Developers and Sr. Graphic Designers.
This position is based in Portland, ME. A pilot-coder, or individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a plus. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K with matching, and flight training reimbursement.
- University Graduate in Computer Science degree or similar program (as a minimum)
Required Programming Skills
- Strong modern C++ and Objective C knowledge
- Extensive experience with either OpenGL ES on iOS or Metal
- Excels in 3D math (linear algebra, matrix and vector math)
- Experience with dynamic mesh generation
- Experience or interest in mapping and/or cartography
- Experience modeling terrain and virtual globes in OpenGL
- Experience with Map products including MapBox and Google Maps.
- Experience with several game engineer domains (e.g. AI, pathfinding, animation, physics, UI).
- Passion for Mobile Development
- Health benefits
- 401(k) with matching.
- Performance based bonuses.
- Flight training reimbursement.
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.