Come fly with ForeFlight.
ForeFlight is looking for an outgoing and hardworking Product Manager to join our Houston team. This individual will plans, organize, and manage the day-to-day of an assigned product line from concept through product life cycles in order to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and growth objectives.
- Help develops new products in conjunction with Marketing, Engineering, and Sales Management personnel
- Manage day to day progress of product
- Participate in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to product line
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to appropriate team members
- Maintains that the projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Performs market analysis, product strategy, and research and development
- Collaborates with various functional areas such as sales, engineering, and marketing to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out
- Manages the development stage of the product life cycle
- Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Aviation Experience preferred
- At least five years experience in software based product management is required
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation required
Helpful Areas of Expertise
- Fuel Management
- FBO Operations
- Airport Data Collection
- Enterprise Publication Management and Distribution
- Aviation Weather
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous health and dental benefits
- 401(k) matching with immediate vesting
- Flight training reimbursement
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known for our exceptional software user interface design and responsive, knowledgable customer support team. ForeFlight Mobile, our flagship application, was named Aviation Consumer's 2011 App of the Year and received Flying Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for 2011, 2012, and 2013. Our app was recently featured in the “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test. We love shipping.
Our recently expanded more than 10,000 sq. ft. office sits near the historic River Oaks neighborhood with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and is within walking distance to local favorites like Torchy’s Tacos. As the nation’s fourth-largest city, Houston is home to arguably one of the world’s best food scenes with over 10,000 restaurants. Lively arts and entertainment districts mean a festival, live concert or local farmers’ market is always just around the corner. Home to over 20 Fortune 500 companies and a robust local economy, Houston is a major corporate center.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.