Come fly with ForeFlight.
ForeFlight is looking for a motivated web engineer to join our development team. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining our web based applications. Various elements of the site will include presenting various types of aeronautical data, and communicating with back-end web services.
The successful applicant will be working closely with our team of frontend and backend Software Developers as well as Graphic Designers to create customer facing features for our web platform.
This position is based in Portland, ME. A pilot-coder, or individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a plus. Benefits include medical insurance, 401K with matching, and flight training reimbursement.
- University Graduate in Computer Science degree or comparable work experience.
- Strong experience with ReactJS and the React ecosystem
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Background in developing web applications and front end APIs for client–server architectures
- Understanding of good object oriented software design
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Works well in a team environment and individually
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Able to adapt to a fast paced dynamic environment
- High sense of quality and polish
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known as a leader in aviation and software development because we build exceptional products and hire skilled employees. Over the last decade, we have not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but serve customers across the world and touch all segments of aviation. Our drive for innovation is why we won Aviation Week’s Laureate Award for Best New Product, received Flying Magazine’s Editor’s Choice Award four times, and are featured in Apple’s “Dreams” iPhone commercial.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.